Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Book is Coming Out Soon!

I've been kind of keeping this as a secret for the last few months, but now that publication is getting close I wanted to let you folks know about my book. It's a children's book called "What Should I Put on My Feet to Go Run?" and it's about a little bear who is very confused about whether he needs to put on shoes before he can go run around outside and his patient mother who tries to straighten him out. Here are a couple of snippets:

"But what about sneakers, should I wear some of those
While I'm running around so I don't stub my toes?"
...

"No, silly bear--listen to me, please:
To go run around you don't need galoshes or skis.

"You just need some feet and some fur in the breeze
And some grass and some sunlight, and maybe some trees.

"For a bear's foot should be barefoot; it's really the best way
For a bear to run around on a honey-sunny day."

As far as I can tell, it's the first children's book for barefoot runners (which is ridiculous, since most children are barefoot runners). The illustrations are being finished as I write by an extremely talented young artist whom I intend to take credit for discovering. I'm going to self-publish in e-book and print formats through Amazon so I don't have an exact publication date yet but as soon as it's ready I'll let you folks know. Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Great illustrations. I hope it does really well, stroke of genius, will it be out in time for Christmas?
    I have just made it a post of the week at http://www.barefootbeginner.com/2012/10/26/tough-feet-a-new-book-and-the-pressure-we-put-on-shoe-companies-barefoot-pick-of-the-posts-15/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be out for Christmas, hopefully. great illustrations take time. =)

      Delete