Monday, June 18, 2012

Welcome to BFinAZ

Welcome to my blog.  My name is John, and I am a 30 year old runner, musician, and sometime lawyer living in the mountains of eastern Arizona with my fellow runner wife.  
Not Pictured: Eastern Arizona
I have been running since, well, technically since I was a little kid.  I started running to work out in college and continued sporadically through law school but never enjoyed it until I spent a few months living in the outskirts of Tucson in late 2008.  It was then, running every day around sunset through the washes which meander through the lush Sonoran Desert, that I fell in love with running.  
Not Pictured: Coyotes, javelina, antelope, horses, snakes, rabbits, tarantulas, owls, lizards, eagles, birds, me 
Since then, running has been both a joyful pastime and a pathological need.  It has also been an occasional source of frustration as I discovered that I seem to be exceptionally injury-prone.  After two devastating injuries in a row kept me from being able to run for the better part of a year, my running life underwent a cosmic shift with my purchase of a pair of then-cutting edge Vibram FiveFinger KSOs in the late summer of 2009.  I haven't run in a pair of cushioned shoes since, and have been watching the ongoing barefoot/minimalist trend with barely contained revolutionary fervor.  
Liberty is of course barefoot, but harder to see is that both Abraham Lincoln and David Copperfield are wearing VFFs 
My hope for this blog is that it will a source of information for those less experienced than I (a few of you) and a source of amusement for everyone else (most of you).  I hope you enjoy.

Run free.

5 comments:

  1. A Nice Website.
    Dennis
    PacePerformanceCoaching.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your blog... I have a blogspot blog too that I had retired as I tried out a word press version but am finding it so much more complicated than the blogspot one. I'd like to speak with you by phone or skype about how you get your blogspot set up in this particular format and ad positioning. I just sent you a friend request on FB. My mobile is listed in my profile. Text me or call to set up a time to talk if you will. Thanks and perhaps I can be of help your Frugan adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey John,

    My name is Clay; I’ve been following your blog and want to thank you for sharing your barefoot running experience with others who are interested in the lifestyle. I myself have made the transition to huarache running and have no intentions of ever turning back!

    I wanted to discuss an opportunity to pick your brain. I represent a company called DIYFootwear.com. We are an ecommerce retailer that offers single-serving sized materials for DIY enthusiasts to construct and design huarache sandals, simple shoes, and resoling worn out footwear. We offer products that focus on providing simple alternatives to the individual’s footwear needs.

    We would like to offer you one of our DIY huarache sandal kits for you to test and review. If this seems like something that interests you please feel free to contact me at diyfootwear@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you and hope you have an awesome day.

    Clay @DIYFootwear.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,

    I really like your blog. I especially appreciate your kids book, since I have three young kids of my own who I hope will value being barefoot and minimalist as much as I do. My name is Josh Stiles. I live in Santa Cruz California and I am an avid minimalist runner since 2011. I also have a performance running sandal company called Shamma Sandals (shammasandals.com). Please visit my site, see what you think and if you are interested in my products I would love to send you a pair to review for free.

    Thanks for your consideration,

    josh@shammasandals.com

    ReplyDelete